Young Carer Youth Worker – APPLY BY EMAILING email@example.com
Key Details –
- Location BFYC HQ Harwell Campus, Didcot with opportunities for Home Working
- Full-Time, Permanent
- 37.5 hours a week
- £25,041.45 per annum
- Closing Date – Open to applications until further notice
Be Free Young Carers is an amazing charity that seeks to improve the lives of young carers living in the South Oxfordshire and Vale of White Horse Districts.
Based on the Harwell Campus, Didcot, it is the only specialist charity supporting young carers in Oxfordshire.
We wish to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and outgoing Young Carers Youth Worker, who, as a member of the team, will provide support to young carers and plan and deliver a varied programme of social activities and trips, working directly with young carers. Join our small and friendly team and you’ll see the impact of the charity’s work first-hand.
You will have responsibility for:
- engaging with young carers, providing support and advice specifically for young carers, liaising with families, schools, other organisations and agencies as necessary;
- planning, managing and developing a programme of social activities, trips and training and contributing towards the overall development of our service.
Using your excellent organisation and communication skills, this is a varied and exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who enjoys working with young people.
You will need access to a car and a valid, full driving licence.
Working for Be Free Young Carers
- Free on-site parking
- Regular public transport to Oxford, Abingdon, Didcot and Wantage
- “Time off in lieu” for any evening/weekend work with prior agreement by the CEO.
- Shutdown over Christmas period
- Birthday wellbeing day off
- Access to free yoga on Harwell Campus
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Investment into Professional Development
- Generous annual leave
- Fair company sick pay
- Pension scheme
- Team building days
The annual leave entitlement is 28 working days per year plus Public Bank Holidays.