Become a Trustee
We currently looking to expand our existing Board of Trustees and will be announcing vacancies in the next few weeks for specialist skills and experience to aid our charity efforts. However if you would like to join our Trustee Board and feel there is something you could bring to help support more young carers in Oxfordshire and soon to be Oxford City, please get in touch.
This is an exciting time for Be Free Young Carers as we look to grow and develop our charity into a countywide organisation. You will be joining a dynamic, experienced team, with opportunities to develop your career while helping BFYC support Oxfordshire’s Young Carers.
Main duties of the Board of Trustees;
- As a Trustee of Be Free Young Carers (BFYC) you along with other Trustees will have overall control of the charity and will be responsible for making sure we are doing what we were set up to do.
- You will work closely with BFYC CEO, and take a lead on our Finance and Administration sub-committee of the Board.
- You will utilise your individual skills and experience to support the charity and help us achieve our aims.
As a Trustee you will;
- Offer advice and guidance to the Board and CEO.
- Ensure the charity is carrying out its purposes for the public benefit
- Comply with the charity’s governing document and the law
- Act in the charity’s best interests
- Manage the charity’s resources responsibly
- Act with care and skill
- Ensure the charity is accountable.
If you would like to express your interest in becoming a Trustee, please contact our Chair of Trustees David Wells – firstname.lastname@example.org