There so are many benefits for you in volunteering with Be Free YC!
- Learn transferable skills for the workplace – communication, negotiation, equality training, adaptability
- Gain experience working with young people in a supportive role
- Be given opportunities to use your experience and knowledge to benefit vulnerable young people
- Get out and about, try new activities (a change from the day job!) and make the most of your spare time
- Receive support from our specialist staff
- Gain specialised training in safeguarding, child protection and other relevant topics
- Become part of our valued volunteer community, meeting like-minded people and taking part in group events
- Increase your confidence, self-esteem and ability to help others
Perhaps most importantly, it is incredibly rewarding to know you are making a real difference to the lives of young people!
Ways You Can Help
Fundraise – Could you, your workplace or social group raise funds for us? We are able to provide you with promotional materials with our logo, where appropriate
Become a befriender – One to one befriending between a young carer and a trained volunteer gives young carers an opportunity to talk through their problems and experiences away from the family, have a break from their caring role. More information about becoming a befriender here.
Support us on social media – like, retweet and share our posts
Help supervise a trip, activity or training – accompany and support our staff on young carer social activities
Use and share your skills – perhaps you have skills in music, the arts, video production, creative writing or drama that can help support young carers
All volunteers that come into contact with young carers are required to have a DBS check and undertake safeguarding training as a minimum, other training is provided as necessary. Training is arranged at no cost to volunteers. Volunteers are able to claim reasonable expenses incurred whilst volunteering.
Want to find out more? Complete and return this Volunteer registration of interest form or contact Donna on 01235 838 554 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!