What we do
Be Free YC is an Oxfordshire based advice and support charity dedicated to improving the lives and well being of young carers.
We are helping young carers by:
- Providing helpful advice and guidance on caring issues
- Enabling access to mentoring and peer support
- Identifying training needs and arranging courses in caring related skills
- Relieving the stress and pressure of caring through a range of fun, down-time activities.
The practical, educational, emotional and social support that Be Free YC provides to young carers is vital in helping offset the disproportionate impact that the challenges and demands of caring has on their lives.
Young people hold the biggest potential contribution to the caring community, its future wealth and well-being. We aim to unlock this potential by providing young carers with the support that lets them invest in their own lives first.
We offer Young Carers a wide range of practical, educational, emotional and social support including:
- Practical advice, guidance and help for young carers in their caring roles
- Mentoring and Peer Support
- Training to improve skills they need to help young carers care
- Down time and Fun time – a chance to unwind and enjoy being young!
Are you a young carer? GET IN TOUCH – we’re here to help YOU!